Guido Brink

Year inducted: 2013
1913-2002

Guido Brink arrived in Wisconsin from Germany in 1929 to work for his uncle at A. L. Brink Studio that was contracted to produce painted glass for Tiffany & Co.   From 1955 – 1974, he taught at the Layton School of Art and Design in Milwaukee.  In 1974, Brink founded and became the first president of the Milwaukee School of the Arts, now known as the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design. 

Brink’s artwork included the major art movements of the 20th century.  He was both a sculptor and a painter.  He was included in many exhibitions and his work is in many art collections.

Works by Guido Brink