Milwaukee Art Museum

Year inducted: 2010

The Milwaukee Art Museum has its roots in two Milwaukee art entities from the 1880s: the collections of Frederick Layton and the Milwaukee Art Institute. These two merged in 1957 under the guise of the Milwaukee Art Center and was originally housed in a building designed by Eero Saarinen. The Art Center’s holdings grew over the decades, establishing it as the largest and most comprehensive in the state, and in 1980, it was renamed the Milwaukee Art Museum. In 2001, an acclaimed major addition designed by Santiago Calatrava raised the museum’s profile nationally as well as internationally. Over the years, the Milwaukee Art Museum has collected some of the finest regional, national and international art as well as mounting major exhibitions that have traveled overseas.

Works by Milwaukee Art Museum

No works were found.